“TO MAXIMISE YOUR RENTAL INVESTMENT RETURN THROUGH COMMITMENT, EXPERTISE AND PROFESSIONAL ASSET MANAGEMENT.
TO PRESERVE AND ENHANCE THE VALUE OF YOUR PROPERTY BY EXCELLENT TENANT CHOICE THROUGH MARKETING STRATEGIES THAT EXCEED EXPECTATIONS”
About our property management department
Real Estate of Melbourne is a structured, systemised and streamlined company that brings together individual talents to generate the best results. We are an independently owned and operated agency focussing on providing the best service to our clients, landlords and tenants alike.
Our Principal is actively involved in all aspects of Property Management and all members of our company are team players as well as diligent professionals of the Real Estate Industry. We offer local experience and an exceptional knowledge of the area.
We ensure that the tenant acknowledges their responsibilities to take appropriate care of your property – safeguarding your valuable asset. Furthermore, we guarantee you are completely informed throughout the term of the leasing and management process and to be 100% transparent with you as our client.
Experience unparalleled property management solutions that deliver outstanding results with REOM.
Our services include and are not limited to:
- Managing the marketing campaign to lease your property;
- Actively sourcing and screening of appropriate tenants;
- Initial leasing, including
- formal condition/entry report,
- bond lodgement and
- all tenancy documentation;
- Managing duties including
- collection of rent and rental arrears, if necessary
- conducting periodic inspections and routine maintenance,
- liaising with professional service providers and trades people,
- preparation/serving of official notices to Tenant(s) and
- representation at the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal, if necessary;
- liaising with Owners Corporation
- payment of utilities/rates/land tax/owners corporation fees, if requested
- preparation of financial reports, if requested
- re-leasing services
- bond Inspections – Including organising repairs and claims, if necessary
What is a property condition report?
This is a report that is compiled at the commencement of a tenancy prior to your tenant moving into the property. This report outlines the condition of the property at the commencement of the tenancy and is used when the tenant vacates to ensure that the property is left in the same condition. This is the last inspection carried out as soon as possible after the end of a tenancy, when the tenants have returned their keys. The Property Condition Report is used at this inspection and each item is checked off to make certain that the property is in the same condition as when the tenant took possession. It is at this inspection that any items that need to be rectified by the tenant are identified.
What is a Routine Inspection?
Routine inspections are conducted after a tenant takes possession of the property and are conducted every 6 months. These inspections are essential to ensure that your property is being maintained to an acceptable standard and to identify any maintenance that may be required. A copy of the routine inspection report is forwarded to you after each inspection and should it be necessary, a member of the Real Estate Of Melbourne – Melbourne Property Management Team will contact you to discuss items noted on the report.
What happens when a tenant stops paying rent?
When a tenant falls behind in their rental payments they are issued with a notice of breach advising them that they are behind and requesting that they rectify the problem. If this is not done within the stipulated time period then a termination notice is issued requiring that they vacate the premises
How do tenants pay their rent?
Tenants have several options to pay their rent, leaving no excuse for late payments.
- Cheque or money order
- Internet Banking through their chosen financial institution
- Direct debit from their nominated bank account; we will supply the tenant with our account details to arrange an automatic transfer.
When does the rent money get paid into my account?
At the end of every month all monies held, unless instructed otherwise, is paid to you by way of direct transfer to your nominated bank account or by cheque. A statement is issued at the same time outlining the debits and credits for the transfer.